Monday, October 02, 2006

Call soccer coach.


Call soccer coach.

This is a logo I designed and my friend Liz created for me (she rocks). It was for my daughter's U6 soccer team--they named themselves the Rockets. It was between Rockets and Pink Poodles and there are only two girls on the team so you can guess why Rockets won. Anyway, I thought this logo would be cool on a long-sleeved shirt to wear under the uniform during coooler weather or for practice and parent shirts--that kind of thing.
But that's not going to happen. When I took Taylor to her game this weekend (that she refused to play in), I noticed the field next to ours was marked U5. So I talked to the league today and turns out they put my barely 4-year old daugher in the wrong league. There is a younger age group (that for some reason they don't have listed on their website so I didn't know about earlier) that not only should she be in, but she will still be the youngest player in that age group. Good to know. They can't switch teams until Spring season so I need to call her coach and tell him we are taking a soccer break for the remainder of Fall and will try again with smaller-sized teammates in the spring. That is if she hasn't already been scarred for life.

2 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

sorry i never finished that design! maybe taylor should pick up knitting instead of sports. you could turn her into a real homemaker in a couple years.

Michelle Taft said...

yeah don't worry, i'll have you work on the next one for me.
and if my daughter can pick up knitting she is a genius and she's hitting the books. i can't even figure that stuff out.