Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Deliver cookies.

Deliver cookies.

Since I still don't have a car, I am overdue for a trip to the grocery store. I didn't have much food left in the house so for lunch today I made this chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are really good except I used butter instead of margarine and real vanilla from Mexico instead of vanilla extract so they pretty much taste like butter and vanilla. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Also, this recipe made about 120 or so cookies. I knew something was wrong when my KitchenAid couldn't hold any more and I hadn't even started adding the 8 cups of flour. Maybe the 3 cups of butter should have tipped me off before that. But it didn't.

So I am sending my daughter out to the new neighbors' homes with big big plates of cookies. I hope they like butter and vanilla as much as I do.

Oh, and I have had this cookie scoop for about 8 years and figured everyone had one but in case you don't, go getchya one because they are certainly a necessity. Or at least they look cool and are fun to use.

6 comments:

BloggDog said...

I feel like I should comment in your blog, but not sure what to say when your talking about objects that scoop cookies! It does look shiny though...if that is good thing, I monitor cleanlyness by smell as you know. Now if it had some digital readout that told you how many ft/lbs of pressure you where squeezing with for each cookie, now that I could get into! and it would need to be made by Panasonic or something.

BloggDog said...

I feel like I should comment in your blog, but not sure what to say when your talking about objects that scoop cookies! It does look shiny though...if that is good, I determin cleanlyness by smell as you know. Now if it had some digital readout that told you how many ft/lbs of pressure you where squeezing with for each cookie, now that I could get into. And it would need to be manufactured by Panasonic or something.

Anonymous said...

You have my address. I love cookies. Especially with butter and vanilla. :)

Michelle Taft said...

if i was confident they would make it to atlanta and still be edible, i totally would, jen. i still have like 50 left after pawning them off on the neighbors and we will never eat them before they go bad. how about making a quick trip out here for some?:)

Michelle Taft said...

and bloggdogg i believe you ate a cookie or two last night so you could talk about how delicious they are. but i guess talking quantum physics is cool too.

Anonymous said...

You can always send some to your favorite pregnant friend in CA. Eating cookies and getting "good job you only gained 3 pounds between your last two visits!" is the BEST part about being pregnant. Oh and I have GOT to get myself one of those cookie scoopers (Santa? did you hear that!?)