Friday, October 06, 2006

Wash sheets.


Wash sheets.

It is pretty cold, at least at night, more than half of the year here (though I try not to think about that too much). So instead of buying cool, satin sheets for our bed, I opted for luxury flannel. I was very serious about this purchase so I did my research and even took a poll with friends and family and everyone told me to go satin but I must say I love love love these flannel sheets.

Getting into bed used to be like jumping into a cold swimming pool--where you just hold your breath, cringe and wait for your body temperature to adjust. My husband even used to wait until I had been in bed a few minutes and warmed up his side, then he would make me scoot over and he'd get in on the warm side.

Now, not only is that no longer an issue, but I can also sometimes convince my kids to get in bed with me in the morning and buy me and extra 10 minutes of sleep. Now those are good sheets.

2 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

that reminds me of college: flannel sheets. i think they were winnie the pooh. i just washed my sheets yesterday too. i had a student who had lice and told me her mother only washed her sheets once every couple months and i was so grossed out i put it at the top of my to do list.

Michelle Taft said...

ok now i'm washing my kids sheets tomorrow for sure. icky!
ahh, the good ol dorm days of decorating with winnie the pooh, cut out artwork from humanities books, and televisions (that we actually watched) drawn on computer paper with markers. those were the days.