Thursday, October 05, 2006

Decorate Halloween cookies.



Decorate Halloween cookies.

I love Halloween. There are so many fun family activities for the Halloween season. I am so happy my kids are finally old enough to enjoy them because my poor husband has had to endure the pumpkin carving, seed baking, cookie decorating, and costume parties with me the last eight of them.


Today the kids had friends over and we made and decorated sugar cookies. I couldn't find my Mom's delicious and classic recipe but I found a great substitute on another blog I read here. I was really excited to use my double convection ovens and bake all 60 of them all at one time until I realized I only have one cookie sheet. Kind of defeats the purpose so I will be ordering more of something similar to these this week.

It hit me again today how I'm becoming old in little ways. When did the picture above start looking like a good cookie to me instead of the ones my kids are so proud of pictured below?

4 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

michelle i like the one you decorated in the bottom right with the frosting all piled up like a tower. awesome. mmmm were they good?

Michelle Taft said...

i hadn't tasted them yet when they posted but have since eaten like 10. so yes, they are extremely delish. you cant beat that classic buttercream frosting though. mmm.
and ha ha that's my daughter's friend's cookie. and it's a bat, thank you very much.

Sharon Beesley said...

I like the concept of your blog. I just found it today and it's fun to read.

Michelle Taft said...

sharon you are so sweet! i have read a couple of posts my friends/family of friends linked to your blog before but never read through it. i did today and am so glad i did--i love it!