Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Find living room decor.

Find living room decor.

When I was at Costco yesterday, the lady at checkout looked at me and said loudly for everyone around to hear, "I want to go shopping with YOU!"

I had no idea what she was talking about. I looked in my cart to find the item of her envy. Toilet paper? It was only the Costco brand but I did splurge on the new "Ultra" kind-- yet still, unlikely. Diapers? Certainly not.

I realized she had scanned my Costco card and seen all my personal information when she proceeded to announce to everyone how much money I had spent there in the last month. Embarassed, I explained we had no furniture in our house, and that my hubby had made two TV purchases at Costco with those funds instead. Men.

Then I came home and noticed all the empty space again. This empty space above the fireplace is the most bothersome to me. It was meant to be rocked all the way to the ceiling but long story--it didn't get built that way. I can't do anything about it quite yet, but I am seeking suggestions for what to put up there for when I get my hands on some extra cash. To give you some spacial reference, the ceilings in this room are 18 feet high. I have a few vague ideas but nothing I can commit myself to yet. Help!

5 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

hmmm that's a tricky one.... my first thought was a large plant, maybe hanging from the top... but that seems to high. maybe if you have nice drapes on the windows and some nice art on the right side you don't notice the big empty spot. or you could hang another flat screen....

maybe a picture of brooke's twin GIRLS!

Michelle Taft said...

i'm not a big plant person but if i could find something non-traditional and big that would look good up there, i would do it.

Michelle Taft said...

yeah for brooke's twin girls!

Liz Stanley said...

i'll keep you in mind when i'm at the domino magainze bazaar this weekend

Michelle Taft said...

oh please dokeep an eye out for some ideas! and for my christmas present as well. haaaaa.