Thursday, September 21, 2006

Put pictures in fridge magnets.

Put pictures in fridge magnets.

I have some photo magnets I bought at Target on a whim probably 3 or 4 years ago and I just found them while unpacking. The bonus is they come with free photos of strangers, just in case you don't have photos of your own to put inside.

The free photos look so cheesy I decided I didn't want photos of people in them at all.

My little craft project for whenever I get to it is to go through magazines (ones that are on my to-do list to look through and throw away anyway) and find cool fabrics and textures and cut them out and put them in the magnets instead. I could use pictures of anything--close-ups of fruit or vegetables or grains--but I am thinking of going with fabrics from clothing I adore but can't afford. Double bonus-- I get the clothes I want in my home for free, and since decorative fabrics don't go well in kitchen areas, this is one way to put them in without worrying about them absorbing the smell of my delicious soy-ginger salmon.

The above dress, by the way, is from Anthropologie and is yours for only $428.

2 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

i love that fabric the dress is made of. why is anthro so freakin expensive. it kills me.

Michelle Taft said...

i love the fabric/details too. i think the dress would prob look cute on. not that i will ever know . . .