Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Find the mail keys.

Find the mail keys.

I am convinced at some point in my life I severely damaged some portion of my brain.

I'm pretty sure it was either in high school when I took a dive into the outgoing ocean current... and missed it... OR it was in college when I tried to hang by my legs from a tree branch and slipped headfirst into the ground. Or perhaps these are just indications of brain damage earlier in my life.

Either way, I cannot for the life of me keep track of keys. When we moved in to our house about about a week and a half ago, the post office gave us an envelope of mail keys to our community mailbox. I remember putting them in a safe place where they would not get lost and I would not forget where I put them. Beyond that, I have no recollection of seeing them again or where it was they were placed. See, this is where the brain damage theory comes in. That and the fact the post office put them in a 5 x 10 neon pink envelope clearly marked mail keys.

If anyone knows of some sort of corrective surgery for this type of brain injury, my hubby and I would both appreciate it. Thanks.

3 comments:

BGslum said...

Pfft. This is just a minor flub. I wack my head on all sorts of objects at work and me still thinkee goodslike.

Michelle Taft said...

thanks,good idea--i will put it on my to-do list

Michelle Taft said...

minor flub huh? well i found the mail keys. they were in an orange, not neon pink, envelope and folded in the middle of a clean basket of laundry. either someone is playing tricks on me or my problems are more severe than i suspected.