Thursday, September 14, 2006

Eat more avocados.


Eat more avocados.

As the title of my blog, I thought it fitting avocados be the center of my first official post. And why not? They are delicious and nutritious and make for a beautiful picture, do they not?

I always hesitate to buy avocados because I am not good at either picking out the ones just ripe enough for when I need them nor do I have any skill at cutting them open and peeling them. That was until I found out today they have a site dedicated to such knowledge here. Although I have not yet applied this newfound knowledge, I feel confident self-proclaiming myself an expert.

And in case you didn't know, they make a sandwich. Or a salad. They really do. Mmmm, avocados.

3 comments:

BGslum said...

Avacados... Yup, they are pretty awesome. I'm quite partial to avacado mousse with cuban bread. Good luck with your blog!

-FBF

Michelle Taft said...

Whoa let's not get too crazy there. Avocado mousse? Is that a pastry chef's way of saying guacamole?
And thanks!:)

Liz Stanley said...

woo hooo! i love that you started a blog and totally copied me! yeah! as for avocados, i love them on some toast with swiss cheese and little bit of mustard salt and pepper. delish!