Friday, September 29, 2006

Go on a fall drive.

Go on a fall drive.

Seeing as we already had our first snow of the year, it may be a little late in the season for a fall drive. But lower in the mountains where I live, the trees are just now reaching their richest colors so I am still planning on finding time to drive some of the local scenic routes with the family this weekend. I love mountain drives year-round but you can't beat them when they are alive with color in the fall--when they don't yet require vehicles with chains and 4-wheel drive.

I found this toll-free number to the U.S. National Forest Service's "Fall Foilage Hotline" where you can call for up-to-date information on where the best drives are near you. I can't think of anything cooler. I will be calling it tonight and setting up our weekend drive plan: 800-354-4595

2 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

fall is my FAVORITE time of year. doesn't it make you miss TN?

Michelle Taft said...

yeah i've been a little lonely for it lately.