Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Call garage door company.

Call garage door company.

Someone stole my garage door opener.

OK so maybe I don't know this for sure but it wouldn't be the first time. Several years ago when I was on the complete opposite side of town, I parked my beat up car on the street--unlocked as neither the car nor anything inside had any value. Or so I thought. It seems I understimated the value of a stranger's garage door opener because when I got back to the car, that was all that was missing. Just mean, really.

Well it's happened again.

I know this because while we aren't missing an opener per se, our garage door opens on its own. It happens several times a day. Both when we're home and when we're not. We are in a different house with a different garage, but I think perhaps it's the same mean-spirited person who stole our garage door opener the first time--sitting outside in the bushes, opening the garage and running away laughing. I think maybe I heard the laughter, too.

So maybe my theory is far-fetched and a more logical explanation is that we crossed frequencies with a neighbor. But I'm holding to this one because it helps explain the other big mystery in my life. They opened the garage, came into my house and stole something just for fun. They stole my mail keys.

2 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

sorry i keep hiding in the bushes. i just want to try and catch you doing that naked dance in your kitchen.

Michelle Taft said...

that's why i got blinds weirdo