Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Run more races.

Run more races.


I knew I would need the motivation, so I cleverly convinced two sisters-in-law and my hubby to run a race with me last month. Our professional race photos came in the mail this week and I thought it my responsibility to make sure everyone saw them.

Here is a great mid-run photo of my hubby dashing to the finish line.




And here is a great mid-run photo of my sister-in-law dashing to the finish line.




And here, is yet another great photo of my other sister-in-law dashing to the finish line.




And this. This is my photo.

This is a great photo of me-- about to vomit-- AFTER crossing the finish line. Why didn't I get one of those great photos like everyone else of me dashing TO the finish line?

I like to think it was because I was too lightening fast to be caught on film and somewhere on the photographer's roll is a puzzling streak of fury, too fast to be identified. That, I am certain, is the only explanation behind this injustice.

5 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

good point. you're just too fast. the pictures are too small! i can't see them

Sue said...

that is really funny about your picture, I'm still laughing.

Michelle Taft said...

the pictures are small and fuzzy because they are the proofs--I didn't BUY these pictures!

hollyollie said...

How long was the race? My husband started with 5Ks and last month ran his first half-marathon. Kudos to Jake for running with you! I have never considered running a race with my husband, or for that matter, running at all.

Michelle Taft said...

Now Holly I can attest you have considered running at one point in your life! I distinctly remember convincing YOU to run cross country with me one year in high school. For a day or two at least.

ps YEAH for seeing you on my blog!