Friday, May 04, 2007

Write a novel.

Write a novel.

We're reading a book about a high school vampire love story for book club this month.

And it's awesome.

You'll just have to trust me on this--I never watched Buffy or had any vampire affinity before this-- but I read the first 500 page self-indulgent novel in three nights and completed the equally large and sappy second novel three days after that.

I don't know if it's the way I relate to the author (who is LDS, graduated from BYU, lives out west and wrote the book as a busy Mom with little kids) or the way I strangely relate to the characters (Yes, most of them are ten years younger than me and then, you know, they're vampires--so I'm sure this is just excellent writing on the author's part. Well, that and maybe my super-pale skin), but something about reading these books reminded me of the pestering pipe dream I've had all my life that there's a novel somewhere in my head as well.

So, anyone have any ideas what it's about? I haven't a clue...

Oh yeah and the main character in the books we read drives the 16-year old me's dream truck pictured below. Brilliant!



3 comments:

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

Ok, so you already know how I feel about this book, it is AWESOME! My cousin recently bought New Moon and inside were some tattoos. She gave me one that says Edward. I am going to wear it to book club and everyone is going to be so jealous. :-) I can't wait until the third book comes out.

Michelle Taft said...

oh i am already jealous of your tatoo. maybe book club will pull together and buy you the official edward fan club t-shirt for your b-day next month that says "bite me" on the front with a picture of an apple with a bite out of it. that would look so awesome with your edward tatoo.
so funny!