Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Start a Christmas List.

Start a Christmas List.

I have no right to have a Christmas list. Our new house is my Christmas gift for the rest of my life. But if I did have a list, first up would be a basketball hoop. Now, my hubby made me call it a hoop; he made fun of me when I called it a basketball goal, is it not called that? I played b-ball all my life (albeit not all that well) and I swear this isn't that weird sounding, am I wrong?

Anyway, if I was allowed to want things, and I didn't have to worry about the construction workers working on the homes all around me and making fun of my shot, I would definitely ask Santa for this. He wouldn't even have to fit it down my chimney.

6 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

sorry to burst your bubble michelle but a basketball GOAL does sound really funny. nerd

Michelle Taft said...

i thought hoop sounded weird. i don't just want the hoop. i want the stand and net too. whatever.

BloggDog said...

Juan patio un Goalazo, GOOOAAALLLlllllllllllllll!!!!!
this is where the guy who kicked the goal in the net takes of his shirt and starts doing flips down the field.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a southern thing - because I would have called it a goal too. And actually, they are called "field goals" on a stat sheet in basketball, so I like to think we're not entirely wrong. I'm going to go shoot hoops on my basketball goal now. :)

Anonymous said...

We always referred to the whole set up as a basketball goal. If you look online or in a catalog you will see BASKETBALL GOAL and sometimes Basketball Backboard. The hoop is the rim with a net. Actually, you don't even need a net to play hoops. If your Santa doesn't bring you a basketball goal--a hula hoop attached to the garage is another option.

Michelle Taft said...

sweet, i wonder if our neighborhood has any "codes" in reference to hula hoop yard decor.