Thursday, November 02, 2006

Prepare nursery lesson.

Prepare nursery lesson.

My new job at church is babysitting--I mean teaching of Jesus to-- the 18 month to 3-year olds nursery class. I substituted the class of 17 crying, fighting babies the week before and knew what this entailed so I cried all the way home after I was asked to do it and said yes. But after a few days of healing, I've managed to get excited about it.

This Sunday is my first week and the lesson I am supposed to teach is "The Sacrament Teaches Me About Jesus". But who am I kidding? The day will be a success if no one goes home serously injured.

1 comment:

Liz Stanley said...

seriously. i feel your pain as i am nursery leader in my ward (although we only have 3-6 kids every week). don't plan on lessons. plan on playing, coloring, and saying 'jesus loves me' a lot so when they go home and their parents ask what they learned in nursery they can repeat 'jesus love me' (those that can talk)