Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hang painting.

Hang painting.

While looking for toys online, I ran across this oil reproduction and with it already being over $100 off and me having a coupon for an additional 30% off that, that put this three foot square framed work of art just under $100. Although maybe not something that will evoke transcendent conversation, I like to look at it, it's colors looked warm and like they went with the house and trees and landscapes remind me of home so, obviously, I couldn't pass it up.

I picked it up from the store today and while I am a little disappointed the colors are much more vivid than pictured online, for under $100, it does the trick of helping fill up our huge empty yellow walls. Merry Christmas to me!

Now if only Jake and I weren't both too injured to hang it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
My very artistic husband thought your painting was of potatoes with legs (but we live in Idaho so everything looks like potatos, the Grand Teton sometimes looks like a potato. Old Faithful... potato). I personally think your painting is really pretty.

Michelle Taft said...

i can see the potatoes with legs. and i thought it wasn't a thought-provoking conversational piece! who knew?