Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Go to Book Club.


Go to book club.

This is our book club. What a fun bunch of hot chicks, huh?

Susannah had the novel idea (no pun intended) of holding book club this month at her vacation home in St. George and extending our typical 4-hour time slot away from husbands and kids into about 4-days.

Jake, for some reason, wasn't as excited about it as I was, but I sure thought it was a great idea.

While we do actually read a book and discuss it every month (ok FINE I never finished "These is my Words" but I read them most months, I promise), we realized our common interests are much more broad and thought, why limit ourselves to books? So we decided to re-name it simply "club".

Future excursion plans include a self-defense class, tennis lessons, definitely more Dance Dance Revolution (including the husbands next time), and bowling. I don't think everyone was crazy about my "tap-dancing book" idea as our bowling team logo, but they'll warm to the idea.

Emily is going to learn to play the fiddle and I think Val and Nat should learn drums and keyboard. I would fight Sue for rights to the guitar and win, and Sue proved she would definitely, definitley be awesome at lead vocals. And any dance choreography.

Clearly, I had a great time. Can't wait for the next one.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Did we say every six months? I seriously think we should turn this into a quarterly thing. Do you think the husbands would go for that? I LOVED spending the weekend with my “club” girls. :-)

Liz Stanley said...

this sounds like the exclusive 'cool' club from high school....like in "Mean Girls". (please can i be part of it????)

brooke said...

So fun! I'm jealous! I have no book club or even "club" to be part of, I think its time for some new friends!
Oh and you didn't finish These is my Words, it is SO good! I don't know if I've EVER cried so hard reading a book.

Michelle Taft said...

well the reason I didn't finish "these is my words" is because i missed book club that month for our girls weekend with you brooke! WELL that and because the horrible grammar was driving me NUTS! i do plan to finish it one day...

brooke said...

Well if you didn't finish it for ME I feel bad and I do think her grammar improves with time...