Saturday, October 18, 2008

Plant.

Plant.

Our yard has been devoid of plantlife since we moved in, now over two years ago. With Lowe's clearancing shrubs after the first snowstorm for 62 cents, I couldn't resist bringing home a truckload.

Here's a picture of my friend Cami, helping me plant the very first plant in our yard.


This was, I realized, the first time I planted anything with the intent to keep it alive. (My only other planting attempts were science projects with the kids--projects I put our on the deck to get some sun and forgot about until the following day and all that remained after the nightly wind storm was a few scattered empty science project cups. Oops.)

I loved it! It was very Zen.

Then the boys got involved in the "planting" . . .


I just wanted to plant a couple shrubs, that's all!
I should note here that Cami is the one who actually maneuvered this heavy machinery for the majority of the day. She's awesome. As are my all neighbors who helped me pull of what turned out to be a complete yard rennovation.
My yard has plants! Now let's hope we can go a couple of weeks before it's all covered in snow.

3 comments:

Amy said...

OK now I definately need to come up there and get a view from the front. Good work. On the planting and bargain shopping. I hope you had a coupon too.

Miller Fam said...

Ok... it's been over a week now. Are the plants still alive? :) Your yard looks awesome!!! It was great seeing you Sat. Thanks again! E. Miller

Michelle Taft said...

I had to go out and check--but yup, still alive!
Thx for coming (finally!). Your outfit was AWESome!
I'll get pics up soon.