Monday, January 01, 2007

Make New Year's Resolutions.


Make New Year's Resolutions.

I have had so much fun seeing family and entertaining friends in December but I am tired and ready for the new year. Bring on 2007 (and my 10-year high school reunion, yikes!).

I think the constant repetition of days, weeks, and years is the coolest thing ever. How awesome is it that we are constantly given a fresh day, week, or year as yet another chance to try again to do things right? Can you imagine just plowing through life without that constant refreshment? I'd rather not.

One of my resolutions this year is to run a half marathon. It has been 5 years since my marathon and I think it's time to test my legs again. So, the highlight of our New Year's gathering last night, for me, was (drumroll) ...conning the men into hauling my treadmill up from the basement into my bedroom. Oh yeah, we know how to throw a party.

Asthetically, I detest treadmills in bedrooms but strangely, so far, there is something comforting about looking over and seeing it sitting there by my bed. Maybe it's because it's still a symbol of this year's possibilities and not this year's failures, but, at the end of day one, so far, so good.

My goal for day one? To plug the treadmill in. And make sure it still worked after two moves and a year in storage. (Don't laugh, baby steps).

I am already rocking the year as I not only attained today's lofty goal, but surpassed all expectation when I got on it for a quick 30-minute jaunt in my new kicks (that's youth-speak for shoes-- yup, I may be 10 years out of high school but I am still hip). Oh, yeah.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thinking of running a half-marathon makes me breathe hard. You crazy runner, you! And I can't believe your 10 year high school reunion is this year...hahaha...you're so old!! Oh wait..nevermind.

PS - check it out, i've joined the blog world. :)