Thursday, January 18, 2007

Have a Girls' Weekend.

Have a Girls' Weekend.

My awesome hubby stayed home with the kids last week while I flew out to California for a "Girls' Weekend" with old college roomies and blogger friends Brooke and Liz.

With a high temperature only in the 50's, California was in a state of emergency trying to cope with the sudden "deep freeze" (yes, I stocked up on avocados when I returned home before the produce price skyrockets).

While too cold for beach sunbathing, this turned out to be the perfect temperature for a day of jumping from one hot bath to the next at the Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa. As a huge disappointment to Liz, we did not meet any celebrities.

It was good for all of us to share recent stories and laugh about our old stories. And I'm now pretty sure my college days of rock-hard abs (at least this is the way I choose to remember it) came from laughing so hard, so often.

I then returned home to 9 degree weather, which was not considered any state of emergency.

Let's get together for another ab workout soon girls!

1 comment:

Liz Stanley said...

yeah!!! what a fun weekend. i was totally bummed about celebrities. i was SURE spas were where they hung out all day (according to the tabloids)