Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Take advantage of summer.

Take advantage of summer.

Schools starts next week. That's right, next week. Then comes fall, which I love, but then...then comes winter. I don't so much like winter.

At all.

As I checked off the days of winter, I told myself I was going to take advantage of summer this year--be outdoors and appreciate it before everything froze over again. We still have time and will still do more but already the days are getting shorter and I feel as though we should have tried harder.

But here are a couple of things we did get out and do...

Fourth of July fishing

Best Buds
Jake's friends and their boys went fishing the morning of the fourth and caught what I think are the cutest pictures ever.

Small town carnival
1st pony ride
I love that we live in a town small enough for hometown carnivals and rodeos. Yee haw!

And I have the best neighbors ever-seriously I couldn't have picked better neighbors--and we threw a rockin' fourth of July celebration with inflatable waterslides, bounce houses, egg races (I anchored the winning ladies team, thank you, thank you) other games, lots of food, and fireworks (until the cops busted us for being in a no-forework zone and we sat on our decks and watched ten different simultaneous fireworks shows in the valley!) Good times.
Bubbles
Water Slides
You can see she takes these things as seriously as I do.

Fireworks in the circle.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Both your kiddos are so cute! Looks like you guys are having a fun, busy summer!

hollyollie said...

Where are the pics from camping in Idaho?

Michelle Taft said...

yeah i've been blocking that weekend out of memory. I will see if I can round up some pics from other family members (I made no documentation of it myself)