Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Brush kids' teeth better.



Brush kids' teeth better.

When I took Taylor in for her Kindergarten doctor's exam (yikes!), the doctor asked me if she brushed her teeth by herself. I laughed and told him my kids will be teenagers before I trust them to brush their own teeth.

He recommended this new product I hadn't heard of yet. It's a listerine mouth wash that tastes good, has all the benefits of listerine, and coolest part--it tints the plaque in your mouth blue.

Remember those red tabs from 80's elementary school dental care assemblies (or was that just my school who had those every year)? Same principle but with a way cooler name and color.

Now, my kids are going on 3 and 5 and turns out the process of rinshing your mouth and spitting is still too abtract for them, but I think it's a great idea for older kids. And I found myself using it for kicks too. Pretty cool stuff.

3 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

i want some of this stuff! ps how are your kids going to learn to brush if you do it for them?

Michelle Taft said...

Well, this way they will have teeth and gums TO brush when they are old enough.
and i let them brush themselves afterwards.

Michelle Taft said...

oh and my pediatric dentist told me to brush my kids teeth until they were 8.