Saturday, February 03, 2007

Go Hunting.

Go hunting.

For those of you who were unaware, this morning was the morning of the big hunt.

I awakened at 5 am and as true hunters (huntresses?) do, dressed myself in appropriate winter hunting attire and rolled out of the driveway before the sun rose in anticipation of the hunting expedition before me.

The first animal I encountered was a wild rabbit, but as it scampered away, my eye was quickly drawn to a deer up ahead in the distance.

Stunned by my headlights, the deer stared at me--frightened-- as I drove right past and turned out of the neighborhood. I was not animal hunting; I was bargain hunting!

My sister-in-law and I met and drove to a large warehouse sale where brand new shirts, sweaters, and swim suits, all once priced as high as $80, were rumored to be selling for as low as $2 a piece! The doors opened at 7am and long lines were expected, even in the 17 degree darkness, to break those doors down when they did. We were expecting, and anticipating, the cat fight of all cat fights.

And disappointed we were not.

Arriving 30 minutes before opening, we were among the first in a long line of women desperate for a deal. Not being one for Black Friday or After-Christmas shopping, this was my first experience being crammed with a warehouse of women fighting over a $2 shirt. But $13, two swimsuits, two sweaters and a shirt later, I prevailed.

I proudly brought home my kill and showed the family, then hung it (in my closet) to be admired, and then worn (but not eaten). I also kept it in the front seat with me and did not strap it to the roof of my car. In case you were wondering.

Also, to clarify, I am not the girl pictured who killed the warthog.

3 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

you are a seasoned hunter now. i had to check the blog name again when i began reading because i was so thrown by your intro. did you get awesome stuff? was it worth it?

Michelle Taft said...

it was fun and that made it worth it. that and the two swimsuits are pretty sweet for $2.

Anonymous said...

Michelle I love reading your blog. You take perfectly normal activities (because anything you do with me is perfectly normal) and make them sound so adventerous.
Your awsome