Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Run the Wasatch Back.


Our team. Minus one who was running.


Run the Wasatch Back.

This past weekend me and my awesome team of 11 other friends from the 'hood ran this 180.2-mile, 30-hour relay from Logan to Park City. Everyone runs about 6 miles-- three times--in the dead heat of day and deep freeze of night--without sleep. Sounds crazy so you can only imagine how fun it was because 7000 other runners took on this bad boy! And our team already signed on again for next year!

Team Name: 6 Bras and 6 Supporters
Team Slogan: "Holdin' nothing--and everything--back"

Here are some pics of our team running:

7 miles on a dusty dirt road. I have never seen such scenic places as we ran through!


Waiting--worried-- for our runner to cheer him on. He was running 8.5 miles down a knee-jarring hill on a sprained ankle!


Go Amy! Headlamps and reflective vests required for runs through the middle of nowhere in the mountains in the middle of the night. Cougar repellant optional.

I'll post the video when it's done. Can't wait to do it again next year!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle you're awesome! That looks like a really cool experience. I'll be excited to talk to you more about it later.

Tonii said...

Michelle, how cool are you?!! What an amazing experience, I am in awe of all runners :) Hopefully I'll see ya at bookclub!

brooke said...

That is awesome Michelle! I have to admit that somehow in all of your talk about this race I missed the whole middle of the night no sleep part of it until someone else just told me about it and I said, wait my friend just DID that! I am way impressed!

Liz Stanley said...

yeah!!! good job michelle

Kelli Despain said...

I love that you do stuff like this. You totally rock!

Sarah Martin said...

Your absolutely crazy but I love you anyway. You rock.