Monday, October 29, 2007

Carve Pumpkins.


























Carve Pumpkins.

The family carved a pumpkin last week for a family activity. Well-- I carved the pumpkin while Jake played computer games and the kids watched me do the carving-- that was, until they eventually got bored, went to their room, sat in front of the TV and called to me, "tell us when you're done."


But they were giddy with excitement again when we took the pumpkin outside and lit it's smiling face in the night for the first time. I love Halloween, but it's so interesting to me that a holiday centered around monsters and demons is so family-friendly. Look at the wild light spewing from the pumpkin's mouth unbeknownst to us while we take a smiling photo--eerie.

2 comments:

brooke said...

The kids are so cute! As is your pumpkin, don't feel bad I think my mom carved my pumpkin every year, I was usually disinterested before the guts were even out. Can't wait to see their costume pics!

Liz Stanley said...

where is chase's purse he carries around?